BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
pre charter mood setting

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject:  pre charter mood setting

We're 6 newbie sailors and 4 are divers heading out on April 8 to BVI charter. I wonder what movie you all suggest for pre charter mood setting? Could it be a sailing epic? against-all-odds survival story? something with sharks? The Deep? Open Water? any and all suggestions welcome as we're holding a pre trip planning meeting in March and could use some fun entertainment. Thanks
Link to this postPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Martini Re: pre charter mood setting

liguy wrote:
We're 6 newbie sailors and 4 are divers heading out on April 8 to BVI charter. I wonder what movie you all suggest for pre charter mood setting? Could it be a sailing epic? against-all-odds survival story? something with sharks? The Deep? Open Water? any and all suggestions welcome as we're holding a pre trip planning meeting in March and could use some fun entertainment. Thanks

Although its about Racing I recommed "WIND"
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:30 pm    

Hmmm... "Captain Ron" comes to mind.

And, of course, Pirates of the Caribbean -- a few quotes from that one will be apropo during your trip.

Elizabeth: "You spent three days, lying on a beach, drinking rum?"
Jack: "Welcome to the Caribbean, love!"

A night at the bar:
Jack: "Pirate's code. Any man that falls behind... is left behind."

And, of course:
Elizabeth: "Hang the code and hang the rules! They are more like guidelines anyway."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use