BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
First Trip

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Note First Trip

Hey all,

I logged onto this board several years ago, didn't make it to Anegada on our first trips to the BVI's but in late February we WILL do the trip. We are going down for our first trip on our NEW VOYAGE 520 Catamaran and Anegada is one of our much anticipated stops. We are going down for two weeks and will make it to the Cow Wreck. I have a couple of questions

What can we expect in late Feb as far as crowds in the anchorage.

Is there a customs dock there in case we want to leave from there to head to St. Martin.

Is there some wifi there accessable at the anchorage or will we have to go ashore to email, etc.

I am sure I will come up with another question or two before we go in two or three weeks. Our boat is currently enroute from Capetown on it's delivery to Tortola. We will keep it there until we are ready to go crusing permanently in a few years. Until then we plan to hit all the BVI spots on many trips down while we "finish working".

We can't wait to get down to the warm weather, PERMANENTLY
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm    

Congrats on the new cat! The Anegada anchorage will not be very busy in late February. BVI Marine Wifi has service in the Anegada anchorage.

I will be there in late February (Feb 24 - Mar 9) - see you at Cow Wreck!
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:48 pm    

Walker,

I hope we can coordinate our trip to be there when you are, it looks promising. Is there a customs agent on Anegada? I called down to the BVI customs and immigration and talked to someone there, they switched me to someone else and that person said there was. I emailed the Anegada Reef hotel and got a reply back saying there was not.

Chester
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 pm    

Hello fellow Marylander!

When you are just about ready to depart the BVI, you can check out of C&I at any of the usual places (Jost, West End, Road Town) and then cruise around a few more days before you jump off.

We generally check in AND out of the BVI at the same time when we visit from St. Thomas.
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm    

Hey T,

I had a couple of PM's with you years ago, we never got together. Where are you in MD, I am just outside of Annapolis.

That is good to know about clearing out. Our trip itinerary is all dependant on the weather, we want to jump down to St. Kitts for a day or two. I worked there many years ago helping build the cruise ship dock and want to return. We may head down there first and come back to finish our 2 weeks in the BVI's, Anegada is a definite stop on our list.

Maybe we can hook up here in MD sometime as we discussed on the PM's before.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm    

Seapaws - sounds good!
We're in Poolesville, MD, on the other side of DC.
It takes us a little over an hour to get to Annapolis.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm    

Yes - there IS a customs officer on Anegada. His name is Dennis Vanterpool. However, he works out of the airport. Setting Point (the anchorage) is not a port of entry. That being said, you can find Dennis and he will be able to check you out of the BVI.

Dennis is also an Anegada taxi driver. He is fairly easy to find.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:48 pm    

Walker wrote:
Yes - there IS a customs officer on Anegada. His name is Dennis Vanterpool. However, he works out of the airport. Setting Point (the anchorage) is not a port of entry. That being said, you can find Dennis and he will be able to check you out of the BVI.

Dennis is also an Anegada taxi driver. He is fairly easy to find.

Wow, I never knew that - I thought you could only check in/out via air on Anegada.

Good to know!
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:27 am    

It might be easier to check out of Spanish Town on VG post dated - just tell the agent you are stopping at Anegada for a couple of days to stage for Sint Maarten.

See you Saturday Chester.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 pm    

C&I on Anegada are supposed to be for the airport only. They will not handle any arrivals by boat. However, Dennis (the immigration officer) can be flexible on the departure - especially if you know how to properly ask Wink.
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 pm    

Walker wrote:
I will be there in late February (Feb 24 - Mar 9) - see you at Cow Wreck!

Plans seem to be working out like we will make it to the Cow Wreck while you are there. Our adventure starts on the 21st and we head back to Maryland on March 5th. So the first round is on me Walker. What is your drink?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:16 pm    

Bacardi Limon and Diet Coke. Cow Wreck doesn't have Bacardi Limon! But we do at Hidden Treasure...
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:24 pm    

So I guess I'll have to buy you a painkiller at the Wreck while my wife and I check out those famous conch fritters. That is my most favorite island bar hopping thing to do, painkillers and fritters while watching the scenery. So when I anchor up, who do I call on the VHF to find you. I will have a BVI phone, so if you PM me a number that could work or when I get to the Wreck I bet they can find you.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:48 pm    

We are easy to find. If we are not at the bar, just walk over to Hidden Treasure.
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Note Missed it by THAT much...

Damn .....Walker - looks like we will miss you again (by a week) in November 2012...can I leave you a drink at the bar?
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 am    

We are in Leverick about to leave for Anegada, see you this afternoon, Walker.

Watch for the shiney new Voyage cat named "SILVER LINING"

Seaking
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:01 pm    

Going to have to sail her to Houston to see him, don't think he is on island yet, another week or so I believe.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:26 am    

I'm pretty sure he arrived there this weekend, hopefully they connected!
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 am    

I wasn't sure if it was this week or next. Thanks!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:10 pm    

Been here since Friday, but I don't think we crossed paths.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use