BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Want to share Charter w/Skipper March 5th-ish to 10ish BVI?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Sharing and Coordination
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian!
Link to this postPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject:  Want to share Charter w/Skipper March 5th-ish to 10ish BVI?

Ahoy mates!

Before I begin Id like to send my sincere thanks to Walker for stepping up to the plate.....uh....plank & setting up this space for people to organize charter sharing! YOU ROCK! Well see you at CWB the week of February 27th.

My husband & I are looking to share a charter/boat with a skipper on March 3/5th-ish to March 10th-ish (Island time mon). Wed like to board in Tortola (or Anegada since we will be there before hand) and, if possible, finish the charter in St-Thomas. However, this is flexible.
If youre interested in those dates let me know.

Lynne
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 am    

Good luck! I've put large charter groups together in the past and it can work out wonderfully well.

I'll be in the BVI on my own boat about that time. Perhaps we'll run into each other.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 am    

May cross paths with you during that time frame.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:19 pm    

We're already booked for July 2012, but maybe in the future!

Way to step-up here Walker! Hat off to you

I have no idea why "they" would want to offend and turn away readership "over there" Very Happy but the $10 classified-add response to a charter-hook-up forum was a great way to do just that. Why not charge to post a trip report? Maybe is should be $1 to get tips on anchoring? rofl

I can not imagine anyone paying "them" $10 (in advance, non-refundable) just to attempt to find somebody that wants to share a boat.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:04 pm    

I don't understand why people on TTOL can "look for crew" for free, but we have to pay to look for people to charter with without charging for the trip? Stupid, stupid, stupid! But I had a good time stirring the pot!

On another note - while Jim and I usually sail alone, I would not be adverse to renting a bigger MONOHULL (not a cat) and doing a trip - the more we can do it for less money, the more we can do it!

PM me if you are interested...

I work tax season January to end of April, so anytime around that my bosses don't mind me taking time off.

Jim and I are pretty open to clothing optional, partying types, although we may not always "swing" that way.

Last edited by DawnB on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dugg
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Note Want to share Charter w/Skipper March 5th-ish to 10ish BVI?

Hi

Hats off to you for starting this thread and a big cheer for free enterprise. Say what? Pay TTOL $10 for an add to share a charter? Totally ridiculous - we know that running a board for profit is not an easy game to play, but if its too hot get out of the kitchen. End of rant! You rock!

Peace
Dugg & Chris
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Note Re: Want to share Charter w/Skipper March 5th-ish to 10ish BVI?

Dugg wrote:
Hi

Hats off to you for starting this thread and a big cheer for free enterprise. Say what? Pay TTOL $10 for an add to share a charter? Totally ridiculous - we know that running a board for profit is not an easy game to play, but if its too hot get out of the kitchen. End of rant! You rock!

Peace
Dugg & Chris

Where is the like button! LOL
Maytrix
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm    

I agree!

Members are the content creators on forums and thus are essentially unpaid employees Smile Not enough sites realize that or respect that.

And I doubly agree on people looking for crew being ok to post.

Their loss though is Walker's gain!
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:57 am    

DawnB wrote:

On another note - while Jim and I usually sail alone, I would not be adverse to renting a bigger MONOHULL (not a cat) and doing a trip - the more we can do it for less money, the more we can do it!

We also prefer a monohull for sailing. Cat's just don't sail like 'real' sailboats! devil tonguea

We like our generator and AC because we usually charter in the summer low-season, and that means chartering a boat over 40-feet, which is far more room than the Admiral and I really need for two, and it would be a great cost-savings approach to share it with another like-minded couple.

I used to wonder what it would be like to have to give up the helm to someone else, I just love to be at the helm, but on our last three bareboat charters I've been in teaching mode, and when teaching others to sail you don't get much helm-time anyway! laugh

Last edited by Twanger on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:29 pm    

Well Twanger, maybe we can convince you to go in the shoulder season with a bigger boat and split the costs of a little more expensive option!

We were hoping to go in May this year, but it looks like it's going to be June - maybe for the Regatta or Dinghy poker run?
kentth
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:16 pm    

I also like mono's better then cat's, but the admiral prefers cat's, doesn't like to heel.

I will give up the helm, except in a tight situation, gives me some beer time. Besides I like to tweak the sails, gives me some opportunity to do that.

We are heading down mid-may but looks like the boat is full this time

Kent
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:35 pm    

I also want to thank Walker for the "free speech" kind of board that he is running. Too often we take this kind of privilege for granted, and I for one, after having many a comment deleted on the other board, appreciate being able to "be who I am" on this board.

So, Walker, Cheers to you!
Bendite
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Note Want to share Charter w/Skipper March 5th-ish to 10ish BVI?

Lynee,
This is Pat of Bendite. I emailed to your private email and have not heard.
Are you still interested?
Thanks
Canadian!
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm    

Hi Pat,
Just replied to your email earlier.
Seapaws II
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:53 am    

Auspicious wrote:
I'll be in the BVI on my own boat about that time. Perhaps we'll run into each other.

Hey Dave, We are doing our ignaural voyage sometime after the 15th of Feb, after our boat arrives and they get it readied after the delivery. We'll talk soon about a raftup.

Chester
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 pm    

Hey Seapaws II, congrats on the new boat! Saw your post in the Anegada thread, you must be very excited to take possession! Hope you have a wonderful time in the ilons!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Sharing and Coordination All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use