BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
3 Weeks with a 3 year old and 4 year old, where to go?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgw50
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Note 3 Weeks with a 3 year old and 4 year old, where to go?

I've been down to the BVI and USVI multiple times with and without the kids, but never for 3 weeks. We are headed down on Monday (Dec 5th) to charter out of Manual Cay, through Seabbatical on a Jaguar 36 named "Runaway Cat"

Just looking for any suggestions from anyone. I've bareboated down there 6 times before and feel like we have it pretty figured out for the 7-10 day trip, but with this much time, thinking there must be things that are worth seeing that most people do not include on shorter trips.

Boozing and Eating out are not major attractions for us, nice beaches, fun hikes, and cool features are what we are after. My boys and I also love fishing, one of my favorite nights was spent shark fishing at Salt Pond Bay, another favorite is going to Reef Bay and hiking up the trail that goes inland, or the hike on Jost that goes to the lookout tower.

Its possible we head to St. Marten or St. Croix, and very possible we head to the Spanish Virgin's, but looking for a good reason to go to any of those places other than just for some good sailing. The Boat supposedly has Radar, Safety Harnesses, even forward looking Sonar. I am very comfortable sailing at night, just no pulling into anchorages at night, so the long sails would be done very early, or overnight.
Auspicious
Link to this postPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:09 am    

Holla -

I'll be the area next Spring for three or four weeks. To each their own of course, but my plan is to dawdle more than the typical 7 - 10 trip allows. I expect to make landfall in St Thomas to drop crew and meet my girl friend. The only places off the well trod path for us are likely to be Rendezvous Bay at St John and South Sound at Virgin Gorda.

After Janet leaves I may spend a few days in the SVI before picking up crew to head home.

I'll be interested in what you plan - maybe you'll change my mind.
SeaRay
Link to this postPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Note Re: 3 Weeks with a 3 year old and 4 year old, where to go?

How did this trip work out for you? We are considering charter with seabatical and would be sailing with a 2 & 4 yr old. Any insight would be appreciated!

jgw50 wrote:
I've been down to the BVI and USVI multiple times with and without the kids, but never for 3 weeks. We are headed down on Monday (Dec 5th) to charter out of Manual Cay, through Seabbatical on a Jaguar 36 named "Runaway Cat"

Just looking for any suggestions from anyone. I've bareboated down there 6 times before and feel like we have it pretty figured out for the 7-10 day trip, but with this much time, thinking there must be things that are worth seeing that most people do not include on shorter trips.

Boozing and Eating out are not major attractions for us, nice beaches, fun hikes, and cool features are what we are after. My boys and I also love fishing, one of my favorite nights was spent shark fishing at Salt Pond Bay, another favorite is going to Reef Bay and hiking up the trail that goes inland, or the hike on Jost that goes to the lookout tower.

Its possible we head to St. Marten or St. Croix, and very possible we head to the Spanish Virgin's, but looking for a good reason to go to any of those places other than just for some good sailing. The Boat supposedly has Radar, Safety Harnesses, even forward looking Sonar. I am very comfortable sailing at night, just no pulling into anchorages at night, so the long sails would be done very early, or overnight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use