BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
dinner recommendations

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nwa sailor
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Note dinner recommendations

My wife and I will be in the BVI's Nov. 24th thru Dec. 2nd. On our last night on TTOL we will be celebrating a wedding anniversary. Any suggestions on restaurants? Someone mentioned Brandywine but I understand the kitchen is being ran by a new chef. The sugar Mills had also been recommended. Any thoughts? Thanks.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:13 am    

I am not sure if Brandywine is open - last I heard, there was a problem with the chef, and the owner had not yet found a replacement to re-open. Has anyone heard anything?

I would suggest Bananakeet or The Clubhouse at Frenchman's, but if you want to stay in Roadtown, the Dove is very nice as well.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:56 pm    

You asked the right place. Cele Pugliese (previous co-owner of Brandywine) is right here spending a few days with us at Hidden Treasure. I just asked Cele about the current status of Brandywine Bay Restaurant.

She told me that it is not open, and that the word on the street is that it is not going to reopen.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:04 pm    

Thanks Walker - I heard what I heard from Cele's other half, so I thought it was good intel... ~grins~

It's too bad that such a wonderful place is closed down, but I imagine it just wasn't the same without Davide & Cele running things.
nwa sailor
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:13 pm    

Thanks again to you both. I will check these places out. We are staying in Trellis Bay the last night before our midday flight I was hoping to do something fairly close in terms of distance. Could always grab a sandwich in the bay, kickback and drink rum but I'm not sure about the other half!!!
Either way we will have a blast. Thanks again.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm    

If you're staying at Trellis, you could always hop the Scrub Island ferry and have a very fancy and expensive dinner at their resort. Make sure you have reservations!

Alternatively, you could go to Red Rock, which is at Fat Hogs bay, (Penn's Landing) - we had a pretty good meal there last January. Not too fancy, but great food for good prices. It's about 2.5 km from Trellis.

Have a great time, wherever you go!
nwa sailor
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:47 pm    

We had a great dinner on Scrub Island five or six years ago at a place call Donavon's Reef. Thirty minutes before our reservation a young man picked us up in this dingy to take us to the restaurant. I realized I had left my shoes on board so I asked the guy to take me back to our boat. He said you don't need no shoes mon and we proceeded to have a wonderful lobster dinner. To bad there no longer in business.
nwa sailor
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:28 pm    

Walker - Where would you eat your last night in Tortola? Thanks
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 pm    

nwa sailor wrote:
Walker - Where would you eat your last night in Tortola? Thanks

Honest answer: The Tamarind Club. The restaurant is not fancy or pretentious - but it is as about as good as it gets on Tortola, and it is the most comfortable place that I can imagine for dinner.

The Tamarind Club has become our "third home".

Tell Cindy that I sent you - she is a southern sweetheart!

Other choices (If you want a little fancier)

Bananakeet - Beautiful place, but food and service can occasionally be dicey.

The Dove - Good food, but (again) service can be dicey and the place just does not feel "homey" like Tamarind.

Sugar Mill - Good food in a beautiful setting, but service is cold (at least for me).

I guess I just like the comfortable feel of the Tamarind Club. We don't even think about going anywhere else on Tortola.
nwa sailor
Link to this postPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 pm    

Thanks for the advice. I don't want to put you on the spot by asking to many local questions. Thanks for your help and we will pay you back in a few Anagada libations!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use