BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
bone fishing on Anegada

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Question bone fishing on Anegada

Smile Does anyone have experience bonefishing on Anegada? If so, what areas would be good for wading with a fly rod.

rgrds

never_betta
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:39 am    

I have not actually bonefished there, but I have watched and talked to others that have.

Walking the beach on the southwestern side of the island might be OK. I often see people walking that part and flyfishing. I have seen bonefish there myself many times. Bonefish are quite often visible in the mornings from the bar at the Anegada Reef Hotel, and from the veranda at Neptune's Treasure. I have sat at both places and wtched them tailing lazily in the flats no more than 10 feet from the shoreline.

However, if you want to cover ground -- and cover the best ground -- then I would strongly suggest booking Garfield Faulkner as a guide. He has a couple of really good flats boats that will get you to places that are otherwise unreachable.

Garfield knows where the fish are, and how to work them. I have talked to people that have been out with him, and they wind up with bones a pretty fair percentage of the time.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:  bonefishing on Anegada

Hi Walker,

Thanks for the tips ..... I'll let you know how it turns out as we are leaving this Friday for 8 days.

D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use