BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
early July fishing

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlieinSAT
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Note early July fishing

We are headed down to the BVI for a last sail on our boat before it is sold. (Second best day in a boat owner's life? I'm not feeling that.) We will get to Anegada sometime in the first week of July and I hope to do a little fishing, if only while walking the beach on the west end. I will be the only fisherman on the boat. I know, I'm hanging out with a bad crowd. Any suggestions or thoughts about where or what I might want to try?

I have caught a couple of bonefish and a 'cuda on the flats during previous visits. Lots of small reef fish on the west end, but nothing big.

I tied up a dozen or so spoon flies using the description from the forum. I had one day on a river to remain nameless here in the Hill Country where the bass could not stay away from those flies. Best bass fishing day in the H.C. ever. I hope they work nearly as well in the BVI.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use