BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Berkley 3" PowerBait Saltwater Swimming Pogy-can't find

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMBurz
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Note Berkley 3" PowerBait Saltwater Swimming Pogy-can't find

In preparation for our 2nd BVI charter this June, I've spent a lot of time reading the posts on this site, particularly in the area of fishing. We didn't do any fishing the last time, and this time we plan to. We're all set with regard to licenses. For me and my two young boys (ages 10 and 12), we don't really care what we catch; we just want to have some fun and catch something. Although it would be nice to catch a nice Mahi for dinner.

Our plan is to troll while sailing, fish in the late afternoon/early evening while on a mooring, and fish from shore during our 2-3 days on Anegada.

In some older posts, Walker highly recommended the Berkley 3" PowerBait Saltwater Swimming Pogies, but I can't seem to find them. I saw some similar products on a recent trip to the Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro, MA, but was just curious, Walker, if you had a new "go-to" bait that you are using now.

Based on other stuff I read, I plan to bring the following:
    Dolphin Candy lures for trolling
    Tuna Toast lures for trolling
    Maybe some cedar plugs
    An assortment of 2-3" spoons
    An assortment of Rapala X-Rap lures
    Some Pompano jigs
    Anything else in my tackle box that looks "lucky"

BTW, if you want to read a good fishing report/story check this one out:

http://www.fishingfury.com/fishing-report-anegada-british-virgin-islands/

My boys particularly enjoyed reading this story.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide...
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:38 am    

The Berkleys have become hard to find. Good thing I stocked up on them a few years ago - still have several dozen here.

Just as good is Storm "WildEye" swim shad, and they are easy to get. I would get the "Shad" or Firetiger" colors.
MrMBurz
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 am    

Thanks for the quick reply, Walker. Just ordered a bunch. Will post a report upon our return...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use