BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Fishing Anegada - Jan 16 - 24th

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Note Fishing Anegada - Jan 16 - 24th

I will be heading to Anegada for a week in Jan.

Any place to rent a small kayak or skiff. I head that fishing there is much easier from a skiff/kayak than wading.

What spinning rods should i bring?

Lures?

Any place to catch / buy bait there?

Just placed my order for my fishing license!!!

thanks

Chris
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:07 pm    

No place to rent a kayak or a skiff. Wading from shore will be about your only option. The only other choice would be to book a trip with Danny Vanterpool on his skiff.

I fly fish most of the time, but occasionally use a 7' medium-heavy spinning rod with 15# line for inshore kayak or wade fishing. Best bait by far is Berkley Salt Water Power Bait "Swimming Pogies" in the 3 inch size.

We also use heavy surf spinning rods for shark fishing with cut bait on 6/0 hook with 60# wire leader.
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 pm    

THANKS WALTER -- looking forward to my trip already!!!

Great source. I wish i new about this site for my last 2 trips down there!!

Hows the fishing usually in January?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:54 pm    

Honest answer - January is probably the worst month of the year. Wind and seas on north side make the water cloudy. We still have the occasional good day, though. I have caught a lot of shark in January.
ChrisfromCT
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:11 pm    

Shark could be fun!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use