BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
forepeak cabin

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Note forepeak cabin

so just how bad is the 5th cabin that is in the forepeak on some boats ( a reall small v bert)? Is it asccessible only through a deck hatch?
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 am    

"Bad" is a relative term. Our son uses that one when we sail - Beneteau 50. I think it's kinda cramped, no side windows, and on that boat only accessed from the deck hatch, but he likes having his own place. For a 19 year-old, not bad - for a 50-something? No thanks!
Maytrix
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm    

I can let you know after October Smile

Everything I've heard about it (at least on the Moorings 3600) is that the starboard side is a cave. Only the hatch above for air and entry. On the port side, same deal except there is a connecting hatch between the single and double berth. We're only planning on making minimal use of port side.

I'd never put someone who's contributing to the cost of the boat in the starboard side, that's for sure.
CaWino
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 pm    

If one of the crew got out of line or overly obnoxious you could always use the starboard side as a brig!! rofl rofl
Fireball
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:30 pm    

Our chef stayed on the port side forepeak with no complaints. It was definetly "cozy". He used the deck hatch since the adjoining cabin was occupied by my wife and I. There are no side port lights but the deck hatch did have a built in fan for a little extra air flow.
The starboard berth had a flip up cot with head and sink under. It was also open into the bilge so there was a not so pleasant odor on that side.
For one person... or a very close couple... small couple..... it might be livable on the port side and they could use the "facilities" on the starboard side, if they were getting a REALLY good break on the charter. Otherwise they're a great crew quarters or storage.
We were on a Leopard 474 power cat which is the same as the 47 sail cat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use