BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
fishing with scuba gear.

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Shame fishing with scuba gear.

I was looking at the fish on walkers head and had a thought, while it is illegal to spear fish in BVI and I just learned from another thread here that it is illegal to take any lobster in any fashion. I was wondering about catching fish bare handed with scuba gear. i would think if you could do it then it should be legal. or maybe with a small bag, get the fish to swim into the bag and then close it, would that be more like net fishing? how about a loop of string on the end of a stick or maybe like they do it here in Texas just lasso them? should I buy a fishing license if I plan to catch them bare handed?
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:21 pm    

SailNaked, maybe if you divenaked you may attract something, Hopefully it's something bigger than an anchovie. Mr. Green
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:38 pm    

you know my wife and I were discussing this just last night. I had the same concern, the baracuda seem to be a little too friendly and I have been told they like to eat hot dogs, there is even a video on youtube with one eating a mans thumb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use