BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anegada Agenda

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Note Anegada Agenda

We will have 24 hours on the island(first week of November)....We are planning to rent a jeep/truck....can someone give me an outline of the essential Anegada things we must see/do? I am thinking of a clockwise driving trip of the island and stopping at various spots, but with limited time, ya gotta make some choices. (Yes I know 24 hours is not enough) Where are the essential stops? Your thoughts appreciated.

Capndar
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 pm    

Neptune's Treasure (breakfast)
Cow Wreck Beach
Big Bamboo / Loblolly Bay
Potter's By The Sea (dinner/bar)
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Note Perfect

Thanks - just what I was looking for - suggested lunch stop?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 pm    

Cow Wreck for lunch!
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:07 am    

The Cow Wreck fritters should not be missed! They are different than anywhere else I've had in the BVI. I'd also try the shark taco if they happen to have them the day you are there.

If you're a fan of conch. Save some appetite and get the appetizer size conch stew from Big Bamboo if you stop there. Very tender meat in a nice brown sauce with a little spice.

Another great stop if you have time during the day is go thru the settlement and stop at Dotsy's bakery. Take some fresh baked goods with you when you leave Anegada or order a pizza for a late night/next day snack...
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:16 pm    

Is there a 'road' map of Anegada on line anywhere?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 pm    

Yes there is! Skyview's road map of Anegada.

Skyviews has their maps of the BVI here.

There is a link to the Skyviews page at the bottom of the BVI Pirate home page under "Maps".
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:22 am    

Walker wrote:
Yes there is! Skyview's road map of Anegada.

Skyviews has their maps of the BVI here.

There is a link to the Skyviews page at the bottom of the BVI Pirate home page under "Maps".

That's too funny - hard to believe!

I remember when the "roads" had orange arrows painted on the rocks to tell you which way to go! laugh
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 am    

Those orange arrows are painted once a year to mark the course for the Anegada Desert Duel bicycle race.
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:33 pm    

Walker - any idea why the road from Pomato Point towards West End looks like there 2 lanes? Was the road separated at some point in time?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:01 pm    

No - those are two different roads. I am surprised that you have never been on the back road from just north of Pomato to the Bones Bight road (Cow Wreck Road). It continues straight on across almost all the way to the Anegada Seaside Villas.

I don't know why there are two roads that parallel each other, but both have been there for as long as I can remember. Before we got the pavement past Kenzie's, I frequently used the back road because it is much firmer sand and was always smoother than the main road.

You can clearly see the split in this picture.

You can see it crossing the Bones Bight road in this one.

And the far end, visible here.
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 pm    

Interesting. I guess I always assumed it was a driveway back to a residence... Next trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use