BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
How do you get those blues?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Photography -> Photography - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Camera How do you get those blues?

I look at all the photos from all your sites and see all those deep blues in the sky and water.

Now I just take your typical photo snap shot, but with a digital camera it is easy to make these by the 100's. Many come out nice but more are trash, esspecially with flash at night. With that said it would be nice to make these look a little better. I know the first part is a good camera...with that said I am not looking to be a professional just a nice photo or two that will stand out.. So what would be the first and second steps to help me out?

What would be some simple steps and help?

Dave
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:15 pm    

First - use a circular polarizer on your lens. It deepens the blues in both sky and water, and it removes the glare from sunshine.

Second - use good photo processing software. I now use Adobe LightRoom for my image processing. It makes a huge difference. Good processing is particularly helpful for night shots with flash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Photography -> Photography - General Discussion All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use