BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Garmin G2 Help

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> GPS Topics -> GPS Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boatpeople12
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Note Garmin G2 Help

I Have A Garmin 60csx wagged it all over the world its been a great help with the built in barometer and the availabilty of blue charts from Garmin. Although Garmin no longer supports the blue charts they have moved to g2 and g2 vision
I just bought the g2 America's micro sd card with coverage all the way down to Anegada. Does any one have experince with this g2 software for some reason I have no chart detail in the BVI's?
andrep2182
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Note G2 Bluechart

There is no details in the BVI because the coverage of the map you bought stop in the USVI.

That map (part number : HXUS039R - US g2 ) cover all continental USA, Bahamas, Puerto Rico and USVI. Not the BVI. At least not the detail coverage, just the large scale maps.
boatpeople12
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 am    

Thanks Walker
I did the Garman support wait 30min on the phone to find that out the Garmin web sight shows coverage down to the BVI but it is general coverage not detailed coverage. So another 160 dollars and I get what I need (welcome to the Garmin treadmill ). On a different note thank you for the waypoint download its going to be very handy. We will be there July 25 thru Aug 2 would like to meet you guys if your around We can't wait 58 days and counting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> GPS Topics -> GPS Topics All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use