BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Pomato Point Anchorage, Anegada?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject:  Pomato Point Anchorage, Anegada?

If we were to anchor here, (18.727N, 64.404W) what is there to do besides enjoy the boat and the view? Is there good snorkeling or beach access?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm    

Great beach access - the entire strip between Pomato and West End is a continuous beach with flat water. However, the water gets deep fairly quickly at most spots.

No worthwhile snorkeling to speak of, though, unless you dinghy to one of the little patch reefs or out to the sunken barge. I have never been in the water around the barge, but I suspect that it holds some pretty decent sea life.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 pm    

Thanks Walker.
Some day I hope to see you out at Cow Wreck!
We've yet to pick our sailing trip date for next year. Possibly late June to match the Dingy Poker Run.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:14 pm    

I should add that if you are looking to do some fishing from shore, the entire section between Pomato Point and West End is very good. We wet a line there several times a week - usually just after sunrise or around sunset - and do quite well.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:11 pm    

I have never anchored here but did walk the beach one (in search of Walkers West End geocache.) There was one boat anchored there, the water was flat, and the whole place was just beautiful. A couple of houses/villas but we saw no one...except for 3-4 wild donkeys. If you want some seclusion and a beautiful spot at Anegada, this would be it.
Capn Ron
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Note Re: Pomato Point Anchorage, Anegada?

Twanger wrote:
If we were to anchor here, (18.727N, 64.404W) what is there to do besides enjoy the boat and the view? Is there good snorkeling or beach access?

Do you need to go all the way back out to the approach point from the anchorage to get to this anchorage???
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:31 pm    

No - but you do need to stay clear of Jake's Reef and the reef off the tip of Pomato Point. Best bet is to go out to the channel entrance, then WNW from there until due southwest of the Pomato Point restaurant, then head back in.
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Note (18.727N, 64.404W)

So did you anchor here? ow did that work out? (18.727N, 64.404W)
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm    

No, we picked up a ball off of Neptunes' last time we went.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use