BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Bones...

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Note Bones...

I've been to Anegada twice and fished with some success DIY and with guides. A question: is Garfield Faulkner still guiding? I had a great trip with him a couple of years ago, but more recently he canceled at the last minute. He cited sickness, and did connect me with another guide. Since then, however, I've talked with other folks and it sounds as if he just may have curtailed his guiding efforts significantly. It's a shame if true - a great, great, guide.

Anyway, I love Anegada and look forward to a return!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:35 pm    

Garfield does guide occasionally, but it is fairly rare now. He has had to take over his father's business of operating the Isabel V barge that is our weekly freight connection to Tortola as well as operating the gas station. He has very little free time these days.

Garfield has trained Sly Gervais as his main guide, and Sly is doing a very good job.
RumBa
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:29 am    

I was there in April of this year on a bareboat charter for a few days and we hired Sly for a 1/2 day trip. Between two of us we caught 8 bones. Sly knows his way around the flats. In fact, we're flying to Anegada tomorrow from St. Thomas and are spending 9 days at Neptune's. Fishing with Sly is on my list of the many things to do on Anegada:

Drink Run
Relax
Drink Rum
Fish with Sly
Relax
Drink Rum
Hang out at Cow Wreck Beach & Drink Rum
Relax
Fish
Drink Rum
Fish
Listen to Vernonís Stories
Relax
Drink Rum with Randy
Relax
Go Home (dammit!)
andrew
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:11 am    

RumBa wrote:
Drink Run
Relax
Drink Rum
Fish ...

I really like your thinking, that is, except for the "running" thing. We (me, brother, girlfriend) arrive by the afternoon ferry Monday the 28th and will be fishing offshore with Bozo on Tue. We're staying at the Reef, and go back to Road Town Wed am to pick up the charter boat. With any luck, we'll be back out to Anegada the following Monday or Tuesday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use