BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
anybody have a map?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Note anybody have a map?

has anyone made a map with some if not most of the coral heads, and reef patch of anegada? As iw ill be traveling there this week or next week. IM looking for some good kite boarding spots. Also would like to get some input where the best fishing spot is on the island.

thanks
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:58 am    

almost anything concerning anegada can be found on walkers website, bvi pirate. if you cannot find it there simply ask walker via this forum. i am not sure he will give up ALL of his best fishing spots. that might be asking a bit too much.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:47 pm    

The only detailed map of the water near Anegada is the one that I created from my own survey, available here. It does show all of the reef structure on the south side of the island.

Charting the reef structure on the north side will likely never be done - it is simply too dense with reef structure and too shallow for survey. It is virtually ALL reef. Your best bet for looking at the reef on the north side is GoogleEarth.

The popular kiteboarding spots are west of Neptune's Treasure, Pomato Point, West End, and Cow Wreck Beach. Be aware that Pomato Point to West End is all offshore wind.

The best fishing spots are almost anywhere that you can get to on the north side of the island that has some bottom structure. There are plenty of places with close-in reef that are easy to get to. Fishing off of the government dock (where the ferry lands) is also quite good.

(When I say easy to get to, I mean from land - NOT by charter boat!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use