BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
North Drop

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject:  North Drop

I am in North sound, virgin gorda right now and i am on a 46ft catamaran. I love to fish and i heard about the North drop.. i couldnt find any numbers online where it might be.. anyone feel like helping me out?
also does any one know of any good fishing in north sound?

thanks, tim
walker
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:25 am    

I don't have anything with me right now that I can get GPS coordinates from. However, you don't need a GPS to get to the North Drop.

Sail up to Anegada and spend a day or two. When you leave, go out to the west end of Anegada, then just head northwest from there. Watch your depth sounder. The drop will come up quickly and will be easy to spot. It extends down to the east and to the west-southwest. If you go west, fish along it for a while, then reach down to Jost van Dyke. Or you can motor to the east and fish the drop off the north shore of Anegada.
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Note Drop

The US (NOAA) charts only cover the West end of Anegada but I think you can see what Walker is talking about - in fact, now that I know what it is, you can see it pretty clearly on Google Earth. Here's a link with the NOAA charts overlayed on Google Earth - zoom in on Anegada and I think you'll see it. It really drops off - to over 1000 feet.

http://demo.geogarage.com/noaa/

Eric
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:36 am    

thanks guys. One other qestion should what kind lure should i troll? or should i bottom fish
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 am    

I would troll a diving lure such as a large Rapala or Mann's Stretch, I like to troll a surface lure at the same time, had both hit with double hookups many times!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fishing in General All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use