BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Best Western Emerald Beach - getting the best rates

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> U.S. Virgin Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Note Best Western Emerald Beach - getting the best rates

Anybody have any tips on how to get the best rate at this hotel? Booking online through websites like Orbitz, Hotels.com, etc all are about the same. Booking through the Best Western website, they don't seem to include any "extra person" fees for more than 2 guests per room. Are these fees in fact assessed when you show up? If so, does anybody remember approx how much that fee is per extra person?

What about calling the hotel directly? Anybody have luck getting better than the online rate? Anything specific you need to ask for?
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:03 pm    

Rates are all over the place, can drive you nutty. I haven't stayed there in a long time, but when I did , I had called them direct. Saildoggie has been there a few times, maybe he can chime in when he recovers. There was deal including air through a VI giv't sponsored site, I'll see if I can find it(also had decent rates without the air)
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm    

Try this: http://www.emeraldbeach.com/calendarsMain.htm
Link to this postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:50 am    

Thanks Hillside. I'll call em up next week, just wanted to get any info I could ahead of time.
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:21 pm    

Send a PM to Saildoggie, he should be back today or tomorrow, he stays there often and could provide much better insight. I would definitely call them direct rather than book through the BW reservation system, I understand there is a bit more flexibility in the pricing that way.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 am    

My experience is I was not pleased with 800 number rates and initially with the direct contact rates.

I asked for the Manager to call me and she did, we negotiated a rate based upon their low occupancy, a very good rate.

It is somewhat important to remind them that you will be running up decent bar tabs and have your meals onsite during your stay, this helps justify extending a discounted rate.

Probably staying at BWEB a couple of nights after our June/July charter, great place to chill IMHO.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm    

Hmm, I'm just going to be using it one night each way, probably not going to budge much on price, but I'll give it a shot. Do you remember about an extra person fee being assessed for the 3rd or 4th person per room?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> U.S. Virgin Islands All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use