BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
RiteWay Delivers to Anegada

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject:  RiteWay Delivers to Anegada

One of the problems that we have had in the past with an extended stay on Anegada is provisioning. The truth is that there is a very poor selection of groceries on Anegada, and, on any given day, some common items cannot be found at all. In addition, groceries are expensive on Anegada - costing anywhere from 50% to 100% more than they do on Tortola.

Generally, on our way to Anegada we have spent a day in Roadtown buying groceries and then packed all of our provisions over on the ferry with us.

This week I asked RiteWay if their new online provisioning service can deliver directly to Anegada via the M-W-F Smith's Ferry. I received a nice email from them confirming that they will provide this service.

Our experience has been that RiteWay has by far the best fresh meats in the BVI. In fact, their butcher shop is better than most of the grocery stores around us in Houston. However, their online shopping does not list fresh meats - apparently, these have to ordered by telephone.

We will testing this on our next trip and I will report how it works out.
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:45 pm    

Did they work out the cost with the Ferry company? If so, did they mention the charge?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:47 pm    

Smith's does charge for freight (unaccompanied boxes). The charge is included in the RiteWay bill. It is a nominal charge - currently $5/box for normal sized items, I think.
fuplayer
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 am    

Walker, have you tried the Riteway delivery? I'd be interested in knowing how well this worked out. Do they deliver meat?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:31 am    

It works fine - and yes, you can get fresh meat, just have to do the order by phone to get fresh meat.
Toni
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 pm    

We arrive in Tortola on a Thursday and will be staying in Road Town that night in order to catch the morning ferry to Anegada. Can we trust Riteway to deliver to the ferry that morning or should we just go to the store the night before and transport it to the ferry ourselves?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 pm    

I know that they will deliver to the afternoon ferry, but have no experience with the morning one. If it is essential that your supplies go over on the morning boat, I would recommend handling them yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use