BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Restaurants around the anchorage

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Martini Restaurants around the anchorage

I have experience with only 2 of the restaurants at the Anchorage.
ARH and Neptune's
I have eaten only the lobster at both on several occasions.
Neptune has better food I think but the tables in the sand at the ARH provide for an incredible setting. If I had to go only once I would recommend the ARH.
SusanC
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject:  Pam's Bakery

Don't forget to pick up fresh baked goods at Pam's. Her cookies and muffins are yummy. The bakery is in a small building just behind Neptune's Treasure.

Herve, I have to disagree with you about ARH. I much prefer the overall dining experience at Neptune's. Neptune's has better food and a more "personal" feel, ARH has too much of a touristy atmosphere during dinner time.

MHO as always, Very Happy
Susan
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Great Little Bit Taz

"Little Bit Taz" is the place across the road from the Anegada Reef Hotel gate, being built by the Creques from Cow Wreck Beach.

They have a barbecue every Friday night -- with outstanding local food cooked by Belle. $12 a person -- all you can eat -- salada, ribs, fish, chicken, beef, pork, goat, johnny cake, local veggies, desser. All of it is cooked by Belle Creque, who I believe is the best cook on Anegada.

One of my new favorite dishes is pig tail. I had never had it before last Friday night. It was so good that I had to have a second plate of it.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject:  Pam's Bakery

Pam's daughter Michelle has returned to Anegada, and the bakery is back in business.
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:  Lobster Trap

We have been to Anegada once and had dinner at the Lobster Trap. We were there in early November and there were 8 of us on a cat. We were the only ones to eat there that night.

Great service, fantastic food and atmosphere. That was in 2004 and we will be returning this fall.
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:06 pm    

We ate at Whispering Pines (west of the anchorage) last week. Great lobster and swordfish, nice atmosphere, good music.
Toni
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Question Re: Little Bit Taz

Walker wrote:
"Little Bit Taz" is the place across the road from the Anegada Reef Hotel gate, being built by the Creques from Cow Wreck Beach.

They have a barbecue every Friday night -- with outstanding local food cooked by Belle. $12 a person -- all you can eat -- salada, ribs, fish, chicken, beef, pork, goat, johnny cake, local veggies, desser. All of it is cooked by Belle Creque, who I believe is the best cook on Anegada..

Is Little Bit Taz still open?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:08 pm    

Lit' Bit is still open - has moved one door to the right in the same building. Bell has opened a grocery/variety store in the center of the building, where Lit' Bit originally was.

There is also a restaurant in the end of the building that has excellent local-style food.

The Friday night barbecue is no more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use