BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Redfish!

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Note Redfish!

I went out this morning with a friend to do some fly fishing in the marshes. What a gorgeous morning it was! Ken and I saw one of the nicest days that I have seen in a long time, and real surprise for November in the marsh.

The water post-Ike was clear, the bottom clean, the grass is gone, and the fish were playful. I boated 6 redfish to 25 inches, all gently released to play again.

The cool thing is in addition to being an avid fisherman, that Ken is a professional photographer, and he always packs his camera when fishing.

So - this morning he got some really cool shots that he has posted at http://www.kendallarsonphotography.com/WalkerWB/

Man I sure wish I could take pics like that guy!

This is the one in the last set of Ken's shots. A 24" beauty with nice blue in the tail.

Link to this postPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:42 am    

Sounds like fun. Every so often I'll hear a story like yours that makes me wish I knew how to fish.

Your friend does take nice pictures. It doesn't hurt that he has good scenery to work with. I really like the one with the fish's tail out of the water and the bent rod in the air above it. Makes it look like he was just hanging in that position.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:05 pm    

Really cool shots!

Looks like a fun fishing session!

I was most worried that cooler would fall off the kayak, that has the "important" stuf in it I am sure! laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use