BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
I love this site!

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> GPS Topics -> GPS Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Question I love this site!

Great site Walker!

I am about to upgrade from my trusty hunting companion "Etrex". That baby has has served me well in the woods and saved me countless waisted steps. But, given my passion for charter boat sailing, it is time for an upgrade. I shall be purchasing the Garmin Oregon in advance of our Xmas bareboat to the BVI's. I look forward to installing Walkers waypoints and purchasing his chart of Anegada.

It is my plan to get the trail version of the Oregon as I believe that the BVI maps that I need do not come loaded on the Marine version anyway. With that said, I am confused about which BlueChart CD-ROM to purchase...Can someone please indicate which of the maps I should purchase for BVI cruising? I believe it to be BlueChart®: Caribbean & Central America Regular and unlock Region US030-Southeast..........
Thanks
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:40 pm    

Welcome aboard Mallard...you shouild be hearing from Walker as soon as the bar runs dry on Anegada. Doing his best I'm sure!
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject:  FYI Blue Chart VUS030R SE Carib

I spoke to Garmin Tech support today regarding both the Oregon and the Blue Chart software. They advised me to purchase the BlueChart® g2 Vision: Southeast Caribbean, Jul 08 (VUS030R) on SD card rather than the CD Rom. Tech support indicated that future updates to the CD Rom version may not be able to sync over to the handheld...The Blue Chart VUS029R costs $287.18 and the Map and Way Pt Mgr cost $26.02.... I have the British Adm. Charts for the grounds and don't need anything else (except the Anegada Chart). But I love this tech stuff. It would have been great to have had an Oregon GPS during our Croatia trip this past summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> GPS Topics -> GPS Topics All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use