BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Turbo Painkiller
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Oh yes! Turbo Painkiller

It's summer, and we have been experimenting. This one is a killer. A martini-type drink that puts you on the beach in the BVI. The recipe is online at

- 2 parts Pineapple Rum (Cruzan makes a good one)
- 2 parts Coconut Rum (Cruzan Coconut, Bacardi Coco, or Capt. Morgan Parrot Bay)
- 1 part Grand Marnier (can substitute Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- Fresh nutmeg (optional, but highly desirable!)

Fill martini glasses with cold ice and let sit for 5 minutes to thoroughly chill glasses. Fill shaker 1/2 full with cold ice. Add liquors and shake thoroughly to chill. Dump ice from glasses and quickly strain martinis into them. Lightly grate fresh nutmeg on top and serve immediately.

When I say "cold" ice, I mean ice straight from the freezer, not from an ice bucket. Ice from the freezer is typically around 0F (-18C), while ice that has been in a bucket is at 32F (0C). That extra coldness is very important when making martinis.

If you are in a rush, you can chill the glasses by filling them with ice and water and swirl to chill. Then empty the glasses and quickly place them in your freezer while you mix the drink in the shaker. This produces VERY cold glasses.

This island drink should NOT be served in a disposable plastic cup!

P.S. If I'm having trouble typing, it is because I am working in the quality assurance department right now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Island Grog All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

Terms of Use