BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Teammac trip report, August 12 through Sepember 3 ( short )

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject:  Teammac trip report, August 12 through Sepember 3 ( short )

Our trip started out well with another great flight from SFO to DFW to SJU to EIS via AA. Debra was able to use some miles to upgrade to first class which is always a bonus. This time we had chosen a new charter company, North South, and were a bit worried about our first night sleep aboard, arriving at 10 PM. We got to the dock and behold, our boat was right there, lights on everything ready to go! North South put us on a Gibb Sea 43 ( Dufour ). Great boat, everything worked correctly, no problems, nice people. After a brief shopping trip for food we headed of course to the Bight. Willy T was open although they had some refitting going on, no problems. Several days / nights there and then it was up to North sound and Leverick Bay. Three days of enjoying the standard Leverick Bay quality and then off we went to Anegada. A great sail on the Gibb Sea got us on a ball by about 1 pm. Then its off to Cow Wreck to look up this character named Walker. Low and behold there he is, looking just like his picture, sitting at Cow Wreck drinking a bottled water. Of course I did not tell him for about five hours the Debra and I were Teammac from TTOL! We had only planned a day at Anegada but Walker, Nancy, Big Jim and Alex were so much fun we stayed three days. Walkers "Hidden Treasure" is really a cool place. We then sailed back to Leverick for one more night before sailing back down to the Norman Island for the weekend adventures. ( not alot open by that time of the year so Willy T gets the call and why not ?) Pulling into the Bwe grab a ball and Debra and I begin to hang out some clothes. This is where things take a turn for the worse. Near the bow I am handing my wife clothespins when I slip, feet flying straight up in the air, and land on my side right on the little hatch cover railing corner. I think I am dead at that point. Ten more days to go and I cannot sleep but can do most other things fairly well. I learn to drink left handed. We decide to stay on that ball for the remainder of the trip as sailing the boat is out of the question for me. Tylenol and Willy T rum get me through, we return the boat to North South and then have another great flight home, except for a 45 minute delay in Chicago for a maintenence issue. The August weather in the BVI was second to none, best of any trip yet. Only three nights where we were hot at night with not much wind. These folks with AC are messing up the environment! How are the No-See-Ums gonna have anything to eat if they stay locked up at night in an air conditioned cabin????? Upon arrival home I see my doctor and he orders some x-rays.......Not one broken rib but three broken ribs! Now I don't feel like such a woose for having trouble sleeping. We will definetely go back next year July / August. Hopefully we can work in another trip in the meantime. And I will use one hand to hold on while on deck from now on, I promise Debra.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject:  Re: Teammac trip report, August 12 through Sepember 3 ( shor

teammac wrote:
This is where things take a turn for the worse. Near the bow I am handing my wife clothespins when I slip, feet flying straight up in the air, and land on my side right on the little hatch cover railing corner. I think I am dead at that point.

Mike, Mike, Mike....

I TOLD you not to leave Anegada but would you listen? Maybe next time....

Seriously - three broken ribs. Wow. I feel for ya, man. Hope you didn't have to sneeze!
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject:  Re: Teammac trip report, August 12 through Sepember 3 ( shor

Walker wrote:
teammac wrote:
This is where things take a turn for the worse. Near the bow I am handing my wife clothespins when I slip, feet flying straight up in the air, and land on my side right on the little hatch cover railing corner. I think I am dead at that point.

Mike, Mike, Mike....

I TOLD you not to leave Anegada but would you listen? Maybe next time....

Seriously - three broken ribs. Wow. I feel for ya, man. Hope you didn't have to sneeze!

Yep I should have listened to you Walker. thanks for the sympathy and as for the sneezing, you can tell who has had broken ribs and who has not!!!!!
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 am    

Mike;

Sorry to hear about your incident - BUT, you still had fun. My kinda guy! Might I assume that broken ribs might interfere a tad with driving? If you need a hand with that new car while you mend, my firesuit is just hanging in the closet right now. Here's a side giggle for you - JD (Daix) is being sent by the Army newspaper (his employer) to follow Team Schu at Charlotte this weekend - he has NEVER been to a race before. Should be interesting. Hope you mend quickly, dude!
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 am    

Cool report!
That sounds like a great, relaxing trip, I never manage to stay anyplace more than 2 days.

I feel for you on the broken ribs, did mine in at the villa the night before we got on the boat this last trip, a major gravity storm while investigating some noise outside in the middle of the night.

Made it through somehow, worked my crew hard as I was pretty much driving the boat and barking orders!
I further agrivated the ribs while being assaulted in CGB by a group of 8 guys but that's whole 'nuther story.

X rays when returning home revealed 3 in front, 2 in back.

Hopefully we can get you back down in June '09 for the 2nd. annual TTOL Flotilla madness, gonna be a blast!!! hairy
Amurphy08
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:56 am    

Great report! I broke a rib last year (just one) and I don't know if I have felt worse pain. So I cannot imagine 3.

Saildoggie!! Did you say you had 5 broken ribs?? What? That's crazy... you sure didn't act like you had broken ribs... Surprised shocked

Amy
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:17 am    

Sorry to hear about the ribs.

That sad thing about the Dog and Teammac is that they were apparently both sober when this happened! yikes
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:21 am    

MrBombastic wrote:

That sad thing about the Dog and Teammac is that they were apparently both sober when this happened! yikes

Uh, no I was NOT sober! We were in the ilons, remember???
That was after a night at Bananakeet and then many cold ones on the patio off Big Apple villa.

That dang inflatable floatie ring did not have right of way, I was stand-on vessel for sure!! rofl
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:26 am    

saildoggie wrote:
MrBombastic wrote:

Uh, no I was NOT sober! We were in the ilons, remember???
That was after a night at Bananakeet and then many cold ones on the patio off Big Apple villa.

I stand by what I said. If you were able to walk off the patio, you WERE sober! laugh
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:47 pm    

MrBombastic wrote:

Guilty as charged, sober I was. Thinking back, if I had been into the Rum I might have not fallen, as I would have been much more carefull!
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:17 pm    

It is common knowledge that male brain cells are dedicated for use of processing meaningful stuff only, such as sailing,navigating,watching football and drinking. Attempting to do any type of domestic chore, no matter how chivalrous it may seem,will completely overwhelm the male brain resulting in loss of eyesight/balance and hearing. I know the ladies out there will flame me, but really, God gave women smaller feet for the specific purpose of being able to stand closer to the kitchen sink, washer and dryer doh
teammac
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:56 pm    

HillsideView wrote:
It is common knowledge that male brain cells are dedicated for use of processing meaningful stuff only, such as sailing,navigating,watching football and drinking. Attempting to do any type of domestic chore, no matter how chivalrous it may seem,will completely overwhelm the male brain resulting in loss of eyesight/balance and hearing. I know the ladies out there will flame me, but really, God gave women smaller feet for the specific purpose of being able to stand closer to the kitchen sink, washer and dryer doh

Thank you Hillside, I can now claim to have been totally enlightened. Nirvana is just around the corner.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 pm    

teammac wrote:
HillsideView wrote:

Thank you Hillside, I can now claim to have been totally enlightened. Nirvana is just around the corner.

Yep - carefully explain "but really, God gave women smaller feet for the specific purpose of being able to stand closer to the kitchen sink, washer and dryer" to Deb, and Nirvana (or whatever comes after this life) will be closer than you think!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Trip Reports -> British Virgin Islands All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use