BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Hand Held GPS - help!

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> GPS Topics -> GPS Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:  Hand Held GPS - help!

Hey all...

I want to get a "cheap" handheld GPS, nothing fancy, basically for waypoints and fixes.

We used to have an old one that a friend used to waypoint fishing spots but it finally bit the bullet.

I only want it as a back up for bad weather, and to practise my navigation skills while on our upcoming trip, so did I mention it has to be "cheap"?! Wink

If anyone has any ideas on what is out there and where to get it, I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:26 am    

See this topic.

I would suggest looking at any of the Garmin eTrex models. Pick the one that has the features that you want.

Last edited by walker on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:10 am    

Walker wrote:
See this topic.

I would suggest looking at any of the Garmin eTrex models. Pick the one that has the features that you want.

Thanks!

DawnB
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject:  Re: Hand Held GPS - help!

DawnB wrote:
Hey all...

I want to get a "cheap" handheld GPS, nothing fancy, basically for waypoints and fixes.

We used to have an old one that a friend used to waypoint fishing spots but it finally bit the bullet.

I only want it as a back up for bad weather, and to practise my navigation skills while on our upcoming trip, so did I mention it has to be "cheap"?! Wink

If anyone has any ideas on what is out there and where to get it, I would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Garmin Etrex Legend wih Bluecharts for the Caribbean. I used this for years, and they work great.
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:42 pm    

I agree, a garmin etrex is all you need. I have a Vista HCx with blue charts. Love it
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:05 pm    

Not sure if usable in the BVI....but....

http://www.tastelesschoice.com/gps.htm
Link to this postPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:43 pm    

HillsideView wrote:

http://www.tastelesschoice.com/gps.htm

LOL, nice
MrBombastic
Link to this postPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:17 am    

HillsideView wrote:

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:10 pm    

Just for shits and giggles, I posted that link on TTOL.....see if I can get one of them "Private Spankings" that Saildoggie seems to like so much rofl
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:11 pm    

Sheeple Sheeple Sheeple

Last edited by HillsideView on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
HillsideView
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm    

Moderator attack

Last edited by HillsideView on Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 pm    

HillsideView wrote:
Just for shits and giggles, I posted that link on TTOL.....see if I can get one of them "Private Spankings" that Saildoggie seems to like so much rofl

Enjoy your spankings, I only posted it on my far forum, no worries there at all. crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> GPS Topics -> GPS Topics All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use