BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Another Anegada Adventure

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Note Another Anegada Adventure

Liston Potter (owner of Potter's By the Sea) went missing at sea last night. He was found safe and well this morning. Full story at http://www.virginislandsnewsonline.com/en/news/missing-man-liston-potter-found-returned-to-anegada
ndfaninnc
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 am    

Glad to hear he is okay. Thanks for the post. Hope you are well Walker!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 am    

I was very happy to hear that they found him. When I got up yesterday morning, word had just gone out that he was missing. An airplane spotted him, and Sherwin Walcott got to him first and confirmed that he was OK. VISAR brought him to Anegada, and Sherwin towed his boat back.

It was Sherwin that saved Alex Varlack and me when Alex's boat was swamped about 5 miles northwest of Anegada last June.
ndfaninnc
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am    

I read the link you posted with my chin in my lap knowing how close you and Liston are. No surprise Sherwin was involved in another rescue. He is just a good human being. We met Alex on our last visit. Another great kid. Each trip to Anegada confirms to us why you chose to live there. Hope to see you again soon.

One last thing, on your avatar is a pic of you of what looks to be neck deep covered in mud. Please explain!
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am    

ndfaninnc wrote:
One last thing, on your avatar is a pic of you of what looks to be neck deep covered in mud. Please explain!

That is a picture taken on Great Camanoe, at Lee Bay. If you wander inside (toward Cam Bay), there is a mud flat inside. The mud is thick, black, and hot. When I found it, I thought a "spa treatment" was in order!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use