BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
white bay and diamond key moorings

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Note white bay and diamond key moorings

haargghhhhh , mates,

Just wondering how the sand bottoms are depths are at White Bay, Jost Van Dyke. Love that anchorage and moor just off Ivans. Jeanneau 36i, draw about 6'6". Prior to Irma and Marie I would snorkel and check out clearance, and it was OK.

Wondering if the hurricanes built up any sand bars, and the depths now are more shallow. We can go to plan B. Moor at Great Harbor and walk over, but would very much prefer White Bay.

Erica also loved Diamond Cay, but we heard Foxy's Taboo was pretty much whacked. Any updates as to mooring conditions, dink dock, and structure .

Most of our research now is showing that many of our fave anchorages, marinas, and rum fun beach side establishments are back up and in biz but not finding out that type of information.'

If fresh water is available for our fresh water boat tanks......

Leverick Bay................Marina Cay............Scrub Island.......Soppers Hole.......Nanny Cay...

Obviously we do not need all of the above, but Three should suffice as there are only two of us.

Backup......We will have several gallons of fresh water jugs, and a case of small bottles of fresh water.

Thanks

Denny
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Note white bay and diamond key moorings

No worries , I have found most of the answers to my questions.

Just FYI for other mono hulls.

1. We will not be mooring over night at white bay, but instead, pick up a mooring in great harbor , JVD, and for the first time party down and eat dinner at Corsairs.

Also , will walk over and back from White Bay, as well.

Pretty much have the fresh water question solved, but will double check with or Conch chart briefer, and the systems check out staff.

If the condition are good, we can pick up a mooring near Diamond Cay, and dink over to the B LINE BEACH BAR. we will also check on the condition of the diamond cay morrings. Really great reports, on the Bee Line bar.

Maybe this info will help other monohull sailors out a bit, just wanted to share the latest after Irma info that I have.

walking over to white bay, we plan on checking out hendos, and stand clear of the Soggy, until later in the day when the masses of humanity depart. .

The party light is going to be glowing.
xrayman67
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:56 pm    

We really enjoy Hendo's! Best bushwackers we've found and the food is delicious. Depending on weather, we dingy over to White Bay from Great Harbor, but it's just my wife and I, so we're not loaded down.
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Note sailin and navigation

x-ray,

Thank you, my friend . I was just looking at Hendos website, , and looks like a fun and friendly rum stop for lunch or early dinner. We should be at Jost for a couple of days .

We are going to avoid our old fave soggy, since we are quite aware of the thundering herds of day trippers. Hendos or One Love should be perfect. Probably both.

Dependiing on the wind direction and swells , hope first to moor at Diamond Cay,and check out the
B line as well. If the May NE winds behave that would be great, but the winds south of east could make things a bit rolly.

Looks like Corsairs at Great Harbor for drinks and late lunch for another fun time.

We have had some dinghy problems with of the outboard being un- reliable, on a few of our BVI sailing vacations , so I think we will walk on over to White Bay from Great Harbor. Want no chance of a problem when we are out there on the ocean waters .'

Again, thank you for the great scoops.

Denny and Erica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use