BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Any word on Marina Cay's recovery after Irma

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Note Any word on Marina Cay's recovery after Irma

I know BVI STRONG has the islands working hard and rebuilding as fast and efficiently as possible.

Have not heard or read anything about Mariina Cay, other than looking at photos after Irima.

For all of the years sailing the BVI, 16 of 'em, lads and lasses, Marina Cay was my celebration Birthday stop, the hilltop bar, music, dancing, and then dinner at the restaurant overlooking the islands. Very special memories for us. We wish them the best in their recovery.

And then off to snorkel monkey point, and head up to Canegarden, or Jost.

Any word on if they are rebuilding Marina Cay, Don't want to bug you all, but I cannot locate any information of any kind.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Note Re: Any word on Marina Cay's recovery after Irma

sailonly7 wrote:
Any word on if they are rebuilding Marina Cay, Don't want to bug you all, but I cannot locate any information of any kind.

You can read some posts on rebuilding on their Facebook page, you'll have to scroll through to see posts relating to it.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Pussers.Marina.Cay/posts/?ref=page_internal
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Note condition of marina cay after irma

Well, we will just have to use other venues since I am not on facebook . Thanks for the idea, it may help out others.

We do have BVI Pirate, BVI travel talk on line, and BVI trip advisor travel forum and the Marina Cay web site.

But, thank you, as we have seen a lot of people using face book as it has been often recommended..

After sixteen BVI two week sailing vacations bare boating mono hulls ( just Erica and I ) , if Marina Cay is up and running, that will be great, but we will not be returning to sail the BVI until may of 2019. Lots of time for more BVI recovery.

We have decided to visit islands and harbors that we have not already been to, plus the special favorites. And , we get in some super sailing, no motoring, with the great may winds.

Will keep good thoughts for more BVI island recovery of all of the BVI sailors and land based visitors and their favorite anchorages and beach bars .

Fair winds and following seas to you captain.....
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Note Re: condition of marina cay after irma

sailonly7 wrote:
Well, we will just have to use other venues since I am not on facebook . Thanks for the idea, it may help out others.

The link is public, you don't have to be a member of Facebook.
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Note marina cay after irma and banned from TTOL

well,

I have run into the big hatchet in cyber space from trip advisor....

Was a DE ( Destination expert ) on Kauai Island , HI....22 years... 10 of that as full time residents on island.

I got a message that I could no longer be on Trip Advisor, and my membership had been revoked.
They said I could not use my email address....which was captdooley..... The prefix capt ( captain ) was against Trip Advisor regulations.

I am a U.S.C.G. Licensed Capt for vessels up to 500 tons, and Dooley was my call sign when I was flying for a living , including 17 yrs as an air combat instructor , 5 and 6 G , dog fights . Actually had it for many, many, many years.

I just let all that slide into oblivion, as I was not going to change my email, since it is in the records of friends, the VA, banks, different web sites. Plus, I earned those two call signs.

Have a great and wonderful evening, Admiral Erica is calling me to dinner.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Note Re: marina cay after irma and banned from TTOL

sailonly7 wrote:
well,

I'm not sure what any of that had to do with viewing Facebook without logging in, but that's where the updated information you asked for can be found. Sorry if you can't figure out how to use it.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:30 am    

This just came in my email...

http://pussers.com/2018/03/26/6-month-hurricane-irma-update/
Winterstale
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:07 pm    

Saw that one in my email too, Dawn - sounds like they are doing their best to get a little something up and running at MC as soon as they are able!
sailonly7
Link to this postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Note marina cay after irma and banned from TTOL

Dawn , and pirates

Thank you so very much for that link....actually the best that I have seen ,

The strength of those winds was horrendous....with 365 mph in the tornados spawned within the hurricane.

But, again BVI STRONG is roaring back, and next year we will be back for two weeks of sailing and after the bare boating, we plan to ferry over to Anegada and spend a few days land based there.

It also looks like other locations are comming along as well.

Thanks again, the good news makes Erica and my heart feel good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use