BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Peter Island Fishing

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject:  Peter Island Fishing

I am contemplating taking my Honeymoon to Peter Island in September. I have a few questions, and feel fortunate to have found this forum!

1). How is the weather during September?
2). I enjoy fly fishing and plan on bringing my 8 & 10wt rods. Is there any fishing on Peter Island?
3) Are there any skiffs that can be rented for the week? and how far is Anegada from Peter Island, by boat?

Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to hearing from you all. If you have any other suggestion concerning anything BVI, please share.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject:  Re: Peter Island Fishing

Marlin wrote:

1). How is the weather during September?

Probably the worst month of the year. September is the peak of the stormy season in the Caribbean. A lot of businesses in the BVI are closed because many people leave the islands for September. Most of the high-end restaurants are closed from August through October.

While hurricanes are not common, tropical waves are frequent with heavy rain. All in all, not a good time to be in the islands.

Marlin wrote:

2). I enjoy fly fishing and plan on bringing my 8 & 10wt rods. Is there any fishing on Peter Island?

No. Peter is surrounded by relatively steep drop offs and coral. There is no place to wade, and very little accessible beach that would be productive for fly fishing.

Marlin wrote:

3) Are there any skiffs that can be rented for the week?

I don't know. I don't think the Peter Island Resort has any, and I have no idea where you might find one.

Marlin wrote:
and how far is Anegada from Peter Island, by boat?

A long, long way - about 30 miles, part of which is across open sea. Definitely NOT something to be done in a skiff.
Link to this postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:22 am    

Thanks, Walker.

Do you think I should look somewhere else for the honeymoon because of the weather?

Being that getting to Anegada may be tough, do you recommend any guides out of Tortola?
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:33 am    

Don't change the honeymoon, change the wedding date. We honeymooned (crewed charter) BVI in May ('95) and it was awesome. Finally going back this April with the kids! Beyond this, I defer to Walker for more details.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:07 am    

Tough question. Peter Island is a wonderful place for a honeymoon. If your wedding date cannot be changed, then I would still do Peter Island. You can come back to the BVI another time for fishing.

I do not know any guides on Tortola.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Tight Lines -> Fly Fishing All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use