BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Horizon's Charters

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:  Horizon's Charters

Hi,
Our first bareboat experience is only a month away. Any comments on Horizons? We've got a 41' Bavaria chartered for 7 days. 2 adults and 2 14 year old freshly certified Junior Divers... we we can't wait.

Walker.. thanks for all the info on your site. A great resource! Razz
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:27 am    

Horizon has been operating out of Nanny Cay for quite a while now, but I do not have personal experience with them. I am sure that your family will have a great time.
gsabert
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:  Horizon

Three charters with Horizon. Buy far the best yet!! This includes Moorings, Voyage, Catamaran Co. and North South!!

Rest assured you're in good hands. Be sure to bring your own snorkle gear.

George Sabert
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Great Horizon, Nanny Cay, Diving

As Walker says, you will have a good time. Have not used Horizon but heard good things about them. Couple of comments:

1. Nanny Cay is a great complex but can get extremely warm, if you are going to overnight on the sailboat for any reason. If the boat does not have a/c (genset or shore powered), try to get your briefings early and head out to Norman Island, or beyond if you have time.

2. For the divers, a very convenient arrangement is to talk to one of the several diving outfits (Horizon can make these arrangements for you) and have them pick your divers up. Example- you can be moored at Cooper Island and the diving company will pick you up and take you to the Rhone. This way it will be both fair to the non-divers, and convenient and safe for the divers.

The best for you and your crew.
saildoggie
Link to this postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:41 pm    

We chartered a Bavaria 41 3 years ago. Very comfortable boat. Horizon had first class service.
I had some issues steering this boat, could never the helm to balance, it would have bot weather and lee helm. I think it was the huge callflower prop they installed, it was causing cavitation in fromnt of the rudder.
i am sure this was not the original prop, it was giant!!
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject:  Re: Horizon

gsabert wrote:
Three charters with Horizon. Buy far the best yet!! This includes Moorings, Voyage, Catamaran Co. and North South!!

Rest assured you're in good hands. Be sure to bring your own snorkle gear.

George Sabert

Thanks George for the documentation of your personal experiences with Horizon. I'm from Germany and will go in March for the first time to the BVIs. I've chartered a Bavaria 46 with Horizon and would be very pleased if you could post a few more details of your experiences. E.G.: something special to take care of ... or is it possible to make reservations for moorings.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use