BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
First Time visit to BVI and Anegada

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
showelljr
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Note First Time visit to BVI and Anegada

Well I have been reading and plotting and checking and double checking. This is our first charter bare boat and going to make a trip to Anegada. Wife watched it on Alton Brown's Feasting on Waves trips and so on the bucket list it went. I am glad, Walker, that you are there it seems now and hopefully get to meet you, but disappointing that I was unable to get your approach map for the island. By chance is there a location in Tortola I can pick one up? I normally like to blend in as a seasoned to the area person but I have the bvi travel guide, the coords from the website plugged into my phone nav app, I got two nav paper maps all trying to plan our trip. I grew up Offshore fishing on the eastern coast back in the day of the compass and first gen Loran-C devices to at least get you back to the C Buoy. We plan on making the jump from north sound Sunday (6/25/17) morning to arrive 10-11ish. I have learned to error west and watch for the boats leaving position. The part that I am curious about is the inner green buoy location and to give it how much room to keep me from putting the Cat in the reef?

I apologize in advance for the inexperience, just don't want to be one of those on the reef.

Steve H.
Winston-Salem, NC
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:57 am    

You shouldn't have any problem getting in. The coordinates from the website will get you in. Pass nearby the inner green buoy and don't worry. I was moored there last weekend in a 58 foot cat.

We will be at our home at Hidden Treasure (cottage at Cow Wreck Beach) - drop by!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Anegada, BVI All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use