BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Verizon Cell phones in BVI

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Applause Verizon Cell phones in BVI

Just got back on Wednesday, May 23. It was a sad, sad, day...

Anyway, just so folks know, we had signals for our verizon cell phones pratically everywhere we went. Even at Anegada we were able to call home from our mooring.

We have a Motorola Razr and a LG EnV.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:08 pm    

Do you know if you were roaming, or were you connected through Verizon in the USVI?
Link to this postPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:  Verizon Roaming

We were roaming the majority of the time. My wife remembers be roaming all the time. But, I remember being on the network from White Bay on JVD.

The sad thing is that we rented a Satellite Phone to keep in touch with our kids. Didn't need the thing and roaming was the same price.
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject:  Cell Service Check

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with remembering the level of cell service they had in the BVI with Verizon.

I am going back next month. Looks like I might need to check-in with the fantasy work world a couple times. Let's face it, the BVI is reality.
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject:  verizon

Hello from MT. We were down last October and had great coverage all over the BVI with Verizon. Thanks to Walkers great GPS waypoints we were able to chart our way to Anegada with less stress knowing we had solid co ordinances. It is nice to know that you have a GPS back up when you want to sail the old fashion way, with charts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use