BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Pussers 15 year rum - where to buy near Wickhams Cay II?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffcrilly
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Note Pussers 15 year rum - where to buy near Wickhams Cay II?

On our last trip to the BVI / moorings charter, we noticed Pussers 15 year (red label) in the Moorings provisioning store for $50. Thought that was a bit steep, however later found out it is like $70 in 48-US, and $50 at the STT "duty free" shop. Plus we figured we couldn't finish 750ml over 7 days between the two of us so we passed on it for that trip (and regretted it). (We did buy a bottle at STT on the way out tho B^)

Anyhow, we're heading back to roadtown/moorings in late feb. This time we would like to pick up a pussers 15 year at the start of the 10 day charter.

So.. i checked the moorings provisioning store. No 15 year pussers. Only the blue label.

Figured i might check out the Pussers store in road town.. but saw this review: https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g147355-d1046052-i178000098-Pusser_s_Road_Town_Pub-Road_Town_Tortola_British_Virgin_Islands.html

Tico would be ideal, but from the website it seems they dont carry Pussers.

I also checked the local provisioning places like Riteway. No 15 year pussers.

I'm thinking the websites are just not up-to-date, not comprehensive, and Moorings store actually does carry the 15-year. (So maybe I should just call the moorings store.)

Any ideas on where to get pussers 15 year rum in roadtown, ideally walking distance from Wickhams Cay II?

(Was considering STT airport, but last time we arrived there was (afaict) no way to visit the "duty free" shop "on the way in"; only on the way out.)

thx
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:56 am    

Pusser's near the ferry landing has to be your best bet.

But - I have to ask - why would anyone want Pusser's rum? Pusser's is one of the worst at any age, and is a joke to locals down here.
ecm56
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Note Rum

Walker:

I believe you have researched this issue thoroughly - what rums would you recommend?

Eric
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 am    

I think the best rum easily available in the BVI is Cruzan Single Barrel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use