BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Price per person or stateroom

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VislandBound
Link to this postPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Note Price per person or stateroom

We'll be charting next year with a group of friends and I'd be curious to hear how others work out the boat finances. The boat will have 4 staterooms and they’ll be 6 of us, so 2 couples and 2 singles.

Do most folks just divide the cost by four (per stateroom) or in our case divide by six (per person)?

Just trying to be as fair as possible to the entire group.

Thanks!

Jeff
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:23 am    

Divide the cost of the staterooms by 4 and the food and running cost by 6. the couples who are sharing a stateroom should not have to subsidize the singles. IMHO
mikonop
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:52 pm    

The other thing we do (all Guys) is elect a ships purser to handle all monies, we get together once a month to plan and start prepaying all group costs, Purser pays the charter tab, leads the provisioning crew. individuals responsible for drinks and meals on shore, their own airfare, ferry etc. Any thing aboard is covered by the ship's monies. Nice to pl;an stuff at these meetings. When we come home we have a debriefing party split up any monies left over, share photos, lie to our wives about how good we were in the islands.
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 am    

I have always done it the same way as Calypso Me. Divide the boat costs (charter fee, insurance, dockage, moorings) by the number of staterooms and other costs (food, booze, ice/water, cruising permits, VISAR) by the number of people.
BaardJ
Link to this postPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:24 pm    

We've always split the charter boat cost on a per-person basis, same as with provisions. In the cases where we couldn't fill all "full-size" cabins with couples, we would downsize to a smaller boat (e.g. Lagoon 41 cat instead of Leopard 46 cat) and put the single(s) in the smaller cabins. Our singles have also generally been early-career 20-somethings and they probably would have skipped the trips due to cost if we split the boat cost by # of cabins.
kentth
Link to this postPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:53 pm    

We split the cost per cabin. Food is per person. Extra expenses, ice, mooring fees etc; we set up a purser or a purser bag. Everyone kicks in $100, then we pull out of there for other expenses. If we run out the we kick in more.

Receipts go in the bag and at the end of the charter, we settle up.

Kent
VislandBound
Link to this postPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:07 am    

Thanks for the replies! We're going with the per stateroom option. We've also always had a "Boat Kitty" which I think works out pretty fair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Charter Boats All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use