BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Totola/Scrub Island Moon Parties Questions

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yost Van Drew
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Note Totola/Scrub Island Moon Parties Questions

Our family is doing a 7 night bareboat in the bvi's in June. We have done 3, but this is the first time we will have another family and they have 3 kids. (We have 2 teen boys). Normally, we do Norman, Peter, VG, Yost, and then back to Norman for final night. My thought is to skip Peter and go to Trellis Bay, for the full moon festivities.

Questions:

1. Having the airport right there, does this make this location somewhat loud and undesirable?

2. Are the full moon parties ok for families with young kids (ages 5-16).

3. We like to use mooring balls rather than using the anchor, is there a better place to anchor around Trellis and use a dingy to get to the full moon party?

4. Is there snorkeling opportunities around Trellis?

5. Or....just too busy and would you recommend staying low key over in Peter or Cooper...?

Thanks,
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:02 pm    

I don't think that the airport has much effect on Trellis. There are no late night flights.

The full moon parties are fine for families, but younger ones might get tired. Otherwise, no worries - nothing will happen there that should not be around. The party is usually very entertaining for all ages.

Trellis fills fast for FMP - very fast. Get there early or be prepared to anchor on the northern fringe. Mooring at Marina Cay is possible, but it's a long wet ride, and I would not think about doing it with kids.

There is snorkeling at Marina Cay. Marina Cay itself has a decent reef, and Diamond Reef is right there also.
miriamsstar
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Note Trellis

I would agree with Walker on all points. But I would say that you do REALLY need to be there early if you want a ball. Last month I had to drop people at the airport for a flight. I was there by 9 AM. If I was there by 10 - no chance for a ball. May be a little easier in June because the crowds are less. But if you want to make sure, you might want to think about the night before at Cooper so that you can leave by 8 in the morning. Not much to do there but dinghy over to Great Camanoe for a snorkel. Great fan Coral on Diamond Reef
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use