BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Anegada Beach Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 pm    

We are waiting for Dionne to join us on Long Overdue. We are at Crown Bay. We will message when we are heading up.
sail445
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm    

walker wrote:
Current local price for lobster is $8/pound in the shell. A typical lobster dinner requires much more than 2 pounds of lobster in the shell. Anegada lobster yield about 25 to 30%. That is, to get one pound of meat requires three to four pounds of lobster. The restaurants try to give 12 to 16 ounces of lobster per full dinner.

Catch a Caribbean lobster put it on a scale and record the weight.
Now pop out the tail and put it aside a weigh it again.
Even with the weight of the meat in the antenae , legs etc it's not more then the weight of the tail.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:44 pm    

I am done. Being persistent does not make you right.

I do not think arguing with you is worth my time.
sail445
Link to this postPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:28 am    

Likewise.
PEDCO
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:04 am    

If you are not happy with the prices just do not order . The pricing of food items on Anegada or in the BVI are generally not out of reason for a proprietor who has to make a living in a 5 month window from tourism. After returning on Jan 26 we paid $13.00 for a cheeseburger in the Miami airport with no view , breeze ,beach or friendly service .

I would be willing to bet if you put together a business model with the overall expense of operating a restaurant in the BVI, and took it to a professional for review, they would recommend a higher profit margin .
luv2sbr
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Note Lobster in Anegada - Worth every dime

For the record, I am happy as a clam to pay for my lobster on Anegada. It is one of the highlights of each charter and $$ well spent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Terms of Use