BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Restaurant Recommendations please?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject:  Restaurant Recommendations please?

We are spending our first day sailing around Tortola - first time in BVI! Does anyone have any suggestions for a dinner destination we could sail to from road town? It will give us a starting point and place to point our bow on the first night in the islands. Thanks!
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:04 pm    

Cooper Island Beach Club is a pretty standard first stop. It's an easy sail from Road Town, has a beach and some nice snorkeling. Food is great and atmosphere is nice and relaxed.

Do you know which direction you want to go around Tortola? CCW is our preference...we've had better sailing that direction.

When will you be there?
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 pm    

We are going to be there from the 20th to the 26h of November. We are definitely going CCW, as we have to be at Virgin Gorda on the 21st and 22nd for Thanksgiving.

Is there overnight mooring at Cooper Island? Thanks in advance for your help!!
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm    

Yep...you can overnight at Cooper. The mooring is $25 or $30 (standard for the BVI) and dinner is pretty standard prices as well. Cooper also sets you up for a great sail into North Sound (I assume this is where you'll be on VG). Depart Cooper and go through the Dogs. You can snorkel and lunch at the Dogs and make it into North Sound with no trouble at all.

Also, be sure to snorkel in the morning at Cooper. I've found 3 and 4 foot eagle rays feeding in groups of 4 or 5 there in the mornings. They feed in the grass just 100 meters or so west of the dinghy dock. Not sure if they are always there, but in addition to seeing them myself I've heard others talking about them.

Cooper is our first stop every year and we always have a great time.

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use