BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Gonzola?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Storm Warnings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BVI North
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Note Gonzola?

My nephew and his bride land in STR today to begin a 2 week honeymoon near Brewers in BVI. They have a villa also getting a rental car from Dee Dee's.
Hope this little rainstorm isn't a problem. His parents had a similar experience on their honeymoon 30 years ago, I think maybe its good luck.
Anyone on the island let me know how preparations are going?
Be safe
walker
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:20 am    

I have heard from my Anegada friends this morning that they are securing everything today.
BVI North
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:22 pm    

Wish the island and her people good luck for the next 24 hours. Looks challenging.
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:22 am    

All ok in the BVI this morning?? Gonzalo looks like it could have hit a hard punch.
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:14 am    

I have had reports this morning from Anegada. All seems to be OK. The center of Gonzalo passed about 50nm to the northeast of Anegada. The electricity did not even go off on the island.
BVI North
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:35 am    

Fantastic it wasn't too bad.
Nephew made it there and waited out the storm. Glad the storm preferred the open water.
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:58 am    

So relieved to hear everyone is OK and the storm took to the sea instead.
Twanger
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:51 am    

Sounds like the BVI and USVI dodged the bullet. Whew.
These things are so violent and random ... 24 hours and/or 50 miles can make a world of difference.
miriamsstar
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Note Gonzola

Heard from my boat manager in Nanny Cay that 120 boats sunk in Simpsons lagoon on STM. 200kms gusts on St. Bart's
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:05 pm    

Wow. That is crazy. BVI skirted a big hit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Storm Warnings All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use