BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
St Thomas to Tortola Road Town

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Note St Thomas to Tortola Road Town

After landing at CE King Airport, I need to catch a ferry to Road Town Tortola (going to Fat Hogs Bay). I just thought I'd go to Charolotte Amalie then take the next available ferry, but I'm getting advice to take a taxi to Red Hook, for the next available ferry.

Does it matter? I'm trying to be sure I find the "Tortola Fast Ferry". Last year we took the first ferry from Charolotte Amalie and it was not very fast.

Thanks for any info!

-PK
walker
Link to this postPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:15 pm    

Either way works. Going to Fat Hog's Bay, I would probably ferry from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town and not fool with a taxi to Red Hook.
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:23 am    

Thanks Walker.
NCSailor
Link to this postPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:20 am    

Agree. The taxi to Red Hook is expensive compared to $5 incremental ferry.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:31 am    

The last (scheduled) ferry usually leaves Red Hook 1/2 hour after the last ferry leaves Charlotte Amalie. With traffic at that time of day, you'd likely not make it anyway.

There is no benefit for the extra expense of travelling to Red Hook unless they have a later departure than 5 (used to be Thursdays, I think??)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Travel All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use