BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Best place to refill diesel?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Note Best place to refill diesel?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a good place to refill the diesel tank on the boat before we return it. Do prices vary much throughout the BVI?

Who's good, and cheap? Easy to deal with?

Thanks!

PK
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:31 pm    

Not a lot of variation on fuel prices. They are all high! Where are you chartering out of?
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:41 am    

Fat Hogs Bay, Tortola.

Thanks.
Herve
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:09 pm    

I like the fuel dock at Marina Cay...
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:08 pm    

Fat Hog's Bay - choices are Hodges Creek (nearest), Road Reef (Road Harbor), Village Cay Marina (Road Harbor), and Marina Cay.
BVI North
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Note Diesel

This will sound like finding a cottage in northern ontario, (3rd sign past the big pine tree before the beaver dam sort of thing) sorry about that.
The place on the east side of the way in to Road Harbour services many of the commercial vessels. There is a big sign but i cant recall what is says. coming out from Moorings its about 1/2 mile on the east. My buddy on the island prefers them because its the freshest fuel. It's beside where the Peter Island ferry leaves from. This saves you from going all the way into Road Harbour.
I suspect prices are quite comparable.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Note Re: Diesel

BVI North wrote:
It's beside where the Peter Island ferry leaves from. This saves you from going all the way into Road Harbour.

That is Baugher's Bay, with a Delta Fuel dock, I believe.
preserved
Link to this postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:59 am    

Thanks Everyone. I've made notes of all this.

-PK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Provisioning and Shopping All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use