BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Looks like the Anegada markers are missing again?

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capndar
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Note Looks like the Anegada markers are missing again?

Looks like the Anegada markers are missing again? Anyone know any more?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:26 pm    

It looks like only one marker has gone missing. I was just over at Neptune's, and the red marker at the channel entrance appears to be gone.

It was the important one, because it was easier to spot and it was between the green marker and the "Two Sisters" coral heads that rise to within 3 feet of the surface near the channel entrance.
NCSailor
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 pm    

I realize the BVI govt. is responsible for maintaining these markers. That could be a long time waiting. Any hope for local business to set out a temp.
marker?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 pm    

NCSailor wrote:
I realize the BVI govt. is responsible for maintaining these markers. That could be a long time waiting. Any hope for local business to set out a temp.
marker?

I seriously doubt it. We had all of the markers disappear in a storm a dozen or so years ago. They remained missing for nearly a year.

Follow my instructions on http://www.bvipirate.com/NavToAnegada.html to find the channel entrance, or just use the GPS coordinates for the entrance and you will be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use