BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Provisioning in Maya Cove

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philippd
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Note Provisioning in Maya Cove

Hi

We will arrive in Road Town, Tortola on a satuday by ferry and then take a taxi to the charter base in Maya Cove to do the boat checkin. Will there be a supermarket in maya cove to do the provisioning or should we buy everything in Road Town?

Thanks
Philipp
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:23 am    

it's a mini market, good for stuff you forgot. do your big provisioning from the new Rite Way. If you have you list ready, have the driver drop one or two of you at Riteway and the rest go to your boat. The provisioners will only have a one way taxi back to Maya Cove
philippd
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:02 am    

thank you for the quick answer. They even deliver for free to all charter bases on Tortola. Have you ordered there before? Do you think quality and prices are okay?

This would be a nice option as we dont need to care about it after arrival.
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:12 am    

we don't order, we shop, Bobbies in Road Town is done. Like Dawn said in another post, we are also foodies and like to pick our own food. Walking around a store also lets you see other items you might have forgotten or want to add to your list. People make such a big deal about taking an hour out of their week.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:41 am    

Provisioning is great if you don't want to deal with it and don't care if they substitute. I have been there so many times, I know what to expect and when to shop for it. We also provision along the way at Sopers, Virgin Gorda, etc., so we usually do a big shop at Pasea and Tico, and then supplement along the way.

This year I am also going to try to order some greens from http://goodmoonfarm.com/ on Tortola, or email them to see if I can stop in with the rental car and pick up some produce.

Like I said before, to me half the fun is finding things you don't know they have in the store, and talking to the locals about different produce/products as you're buying. I have some great local recipes just from talking to people in the store!
WalterPreston
Link to this postPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Note GoodMoonFarm

DawnB wrote:
Provisioning is great if you don't want to deal with it and don't care if they substitute. I have been there so many times, I know what to expect and when to shop for it. We also provision along the way at Sopers, Virgin Gorda, etc., so we usually do a big shop at Pasea and Tico, and then supplement along the way.

This year I am also going to try to order some greens from http://goodmoonfarm.com/ on Tortola, or email them to see if I can stop in with the rental car and pick up some produce.

Like I said before, to me half the fun is finding things you don't know they have in the store, and talking to the locals about different produce/products as you're buying. I have some great local recipes just from talking to people in the store!
Dawn - thanks for the link to good moon farm - awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use