BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Hikes to Vistas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All  
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:20 am    

The original dog died a few years ago, but I think the island dogs have figured out that tourists won't usually mistreat them, they usually get a pet or two, maybe some treats, and so they have learned to lead the way where tourists usually go!

we had a pup follow us from the top of the hill coming from Diamond Cay all the way back to Little Harbour, several locals tried to call him back, but he just kept following us, even though we ignored him (I really didn't want to, but I didn't want him to be far from home!).
caribman
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:02 pm    

My favorite hike on Tortola is the Bat Cave. It is located between Brewers Bay and Shark Bay on Anderson Point. Some very industrious people have built wooden stairs and walkways through the rough parts. There is even an observation deck with benches with awesome views of Shark Bay and JVD. The Bat Cave is a cool rock formation. You can expand the hike and walk all the way to the end of Anderson Point. Then stop at Nicole's for a cold one on the way back.
sail445
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:59 pm    

You got me Batmans cave.
sail445
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:38 pm    

Wait, there was the Spaghetti Junctions Bat Cave that was very popular for awhile.
caribman
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 pm    

yeah, the Bat Cave was a popular night spot. Spaghetti Junction, I havent been to Road Town in a couple years. But the hike to the rock is way better.
caribman
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 pm    

Trust me, this is the go to hike on Tortola. The Bat Cave is the best. Ask Malcolm Malone. Or go to Mr. Rymer for advice.
deldenise
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 am    

Thanks everyone for the info!
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:21 pm    

Out of Benures there is a defunct road that you can hike to the top of the ridge. Beautiful vista and lots of cool flowers and shrubs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, All
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Terms of Use