BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
USA Today BVI photo gallery

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Camera USA Today BVI photo gallery

Interesting set of photos in USA Today. Some of the captions are even accurate...
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 pm    

This pic of the tree in the water with the caption "The beaches of Anegada hold their own as well, especially those lining Loblolly Bay" was not Loblolly Bay! It was taken on the west end, just to the northwest of Dean's cottages.

That tree washed out from the beach southeast of the west end cottages about four years ago. I watched it slowly work its way down the beach over the next couple of years. It was an obstacle for fishing.

Here it is on April 30, 2010. You can see one of the west end cottages in the background.
JasonHelmbrecht
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 am    

I knew that one was way off! I thought the conch pile caption was funny too. No mention of conch shells at all...
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:55 am    

Yep -

"Anegada's extensive coral reefs translate to excellent snorkeling, wreck diving and abundant wildlife."

That's some strange coral in that picture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Pirate's Pub All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use