BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Looking for Clarity On Anegada Anchorages

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eengstrom
Link to this postPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Note Looking for Clarity On Anegada Anchorages

Hi folks,

Looking for clarification on boundaries for 8'depth anchorage areas on Anegada.

I see extensive areas behind the southern reef with some sporadic coralhead warnings. Specifically southeast of Setting Point and just south of Little Anegada. Navionics shows this area as a safe anchorage but I I can't find any online reference to this area.

I have books and charts and have ordered the detailed chart from Walker.

Clarification is appreciated.

Yours,

Erik[/img]
H Man
Link to this postPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am    

couple threads here

http://forums.bvipirate.com/viewforum.php?f=22
eengstrom
Link to this postPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 am    

H Man wrote:
couple threads here

http://forums.bvipirate.com/viewforum.php?f=22

Thanks H Man. Started there and went back through each thread one at a time to make sure I didn't miss anything.

The main question left hanging is... how far southeast of the concrete dock can we rely on 8' of depth? According to Navionics, about 4nm.
eengstrom
Link to this postPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:10 am    

Unfortunately still unable to find first hand or verifiable information. Suppose we will just have to dinghy down there and find out.
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:46 pm    

what kind of boat are you on that draws 8'?
eengstrom
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:50 pm    

sail2wind - I'm not saying my keel is 8', just asking about a consistent minimum floor depth of 8'.

The Beneteau 393 I'm on should be 5', PVC lists it over 6', which is unusual as I thought they only came in wing shoal draft config, not full fin. I'll find out when I dive on the charter boat.
sail2wind
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 pm    

you can anchor most anywhere, we draw 5.5' and have anchored in Anegada and Trellis in 6' Very Happy
eengstrom
Link to this postPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm    

OK, thank you for your input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use