BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Key Bay Peter Island
Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> New Anchorages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calypso Me
Link to this postPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Note Key Bay Peter Island

We usually head to Benures for our first night out. Have seen Key Bay mentioned but have never been there. We are 2 40' monos traveling together with the other boat being BVI newbies. I always try to go at least one place I have not been before (getting harder), and Key Bay is on the list.

We may still go to Benures for the first night, old habits are the best, but anyone have info on whether Key Bay is a good second night or later in the charter night.

We usually have our last night at VGYC so we can offload our gear and get it to Guavaberry in the AM. We might do that a day early and head to Key Bay for the last night.

We are 10 days in August on charter, then 8 days at Guavaberry.
BVI North
Link to this postPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:46 am    

Looking for some input on the bay that is NW of Key Cay, I think it's called Sprat.
We have accessed it by dinghy from Key Bay.
There is a great little wall to snorkel/ dive. There appears to be an opening in the reef to get a boat in. I did see a private boat in there anchored looking quite comfortable. The bay looked to have good holding in 20' of water. Any swell from the south would be bad but otherwise looks good for single boat.
This is the same bay an Eco tour kayak group use as a stop over spot.
Who has explored this one? Not for the faint of heart I imagine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> New Anchorages All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

Terms of Use