BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Cingular/Att cell phone in the BVIs

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Link to this postPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject:  Cingular/Att cell phone in the BVIs

We'll be in the BVIs the middle of June and was wondering if Cingular/ATT has coverage? Last time I was in the BVIs I did get coverage when I was close to the American Virgin Islands. Anyone have any luck. I'll be calling my cell carrier but would like to hear from folks who have been there. If no coverage, is there a convenient way to make calls to the US?
walker
Link to this postPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 pm    

We have had Cingular coverage in the past whenever we could see St. Thomas. The west end of Tortola works best - make Cingular calls while upstairs chilling at the Jolly Roger.
Link to this postPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject:  Cingular

Deedee,
We just got back. Rode all over Tortola and had fairly good Cingular coverage over most of the island (except for some valleys).
Although, at least with my plan, it's pretty expensive ($1.99 per minute).
Dan
tothedogs
Link to this postPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:26 am    

We also have had good coverage with Cingular in the BVI including Anegada as well as the Grenadines. Of course the calls are expensive. Also, be advised that if you are using a Treo, Blackberry, etc. that these will work fine, but the charges for data downloads can be incredible. On our January trip, my Cingular bill had approx. $450 of data charges for email, looking at Caribwx weather web pages and a news source every other day. My plan is for unlimited data and international. Unless you have a good expense account, use the data sparingly.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> Live Cruising Guide -> Questions, Answers, Tips, Notes, and Logs All times are CST (GMT - 6 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use