BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
BVI numbered waypoints

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kegoangoango
Link to this postPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Note BVI numbered waypoints

I've looked around on the 'net and couldn't find what I would like. In the cruising guides (online and paper) as everyone knows there are the numbered way points (e.g., BVI100, BVI101, etc.).

I downloaded the iSailor app and it will import way points from several different file types. I'd like to load the BVI way points into iSalior. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these files?

Thanks,
Larry
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:55 am    

I think the numbered waypoints are from Scott's cruising guide. I have no idea where you can download them.

I have my own set of BVI waypoints that you can download from this page.
kegoangoango
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:05 am    

Thanks Walker. I did download yours already and wondered if the others were available.
leeguice
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am    

They are from Scotts and I have never been able to find a download so have entered them manually while having a pain killer. A few ended up having to be redone !!
HaftBaked
Link to this postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:55 pm    

The guide says to go to their web site to get the down load but I could never find them either.
DawnB
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 am    

Try here - part way down the page, under GPS, then the Virgin Islands heading, is a link to download waypoints for the Scott Guides

http://www.cruisingguides.com/content/Planning#IslandNavigation

Either excel or GPX for your Garmin. Have used it with Garmin's Mapsource and then uploaded to my GPS and it works great!
leeguice
Link to this postPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:37 am    

THANKS... still would have had the painkillers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Sailing and Navigation All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use