BVIPirate Forum Index
Click for Beef Island, British Virgin Islands Forecast
Search FAQ
BVI Weather
Lobster Season

Jump to:  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject:  Lobster Season

Hey Walker,

One of the highlights of our trip each year is lobster at the Anegada Reef Hotel. But this past October when I was there, the closer we got to Anegada we began to hear rumors that lobster season was all askew and there wasn't any lobster to be had. Sure enough, when we arrived Sue informed us that there wasn't any lobster. When I returned two weeks later the lobster were just arriving...and some places in the islands still didn't have any. What's the word on lobster season this year? When will it begin? Are they going to follow the same schedule or go back to the typical schedule? My buddies and I are planning a trip and are thinking we'll push it deeper into November to make sure we can get some lobster, but that's about the only reason. If we could get lobster in late october or early november, we'd probably go then.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:29 am    

I have not heard any news regarding lobster season yet. I am assuming that the closed season will be roughly the same as last year - August through October. I will be on Anegada next week and will ask around.
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:08 am    

I appreciate the help! I'm looking forward to hearing if they've heard anything yet down there.

Matt
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:01 pm    

Walker...any insight yet into what the lobster season dates are for this year? Of where I might be able to find out?

Matt
walker
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:03 pm    

I asked about it last month. The current plan is lobster season closes June 1 until November 1, except that it may be open for 2 weeks around BVI Festival - the first of August.

Lobster was in VERY short supply last month.
tothedogs
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:07 pm    

See the following for the "official" position. My understanding is that, like all things in the Caribbean, this is relative.

www.bviplatinum.com/news.php?page=article&aid=1338

Bob
mtbradley
Link to this postPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:31 pm    

Thanks guys...

It was a shame missing it last October and I was a bit surprised to find when I returned well into November that many places still didn't have lobster. Lobster on Anegada is one of the culinary highlights of our trip each year...sure hope getting lobster doesn't become too difficult.

Thanks again!

Matt
walker
Link to this postPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:54 am    

tothedogs wrote:
See the following for the "official" position. My understanding is that, like all things in the Caribbean, this is relative.

www.bviplatinum.com/news.php?page=article&aid=1338

Bob

That was for the 2006 season. They did extend the season until the end of July last year. However, this year, I doubt that they will do it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BVIPirate Forum Index -> British Virgin Islands -> Restaurants All times are CDT (GMT - 5 Hours)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Terms of Use